The Heathen Hub

A community where people can talk about atheism, religion, science, humanism, evolution, politics, Creationism, literature, reason, rational enquiry, logic, cooking, reading, travel and life.

Spacer
To select different styles:

Spacer Go Back   The Heathen Hub   >  General   >  A strolling minstrel - media & society
Reload this Page Atheism:  Blogroll: Atheism and associated blogs
Spacer

Spacer   Spacer

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Blogroll: Atheism and associated blogs

Old 19-Jan-2010, 09:22 PM (21:22)     1        35866
Gurdur
Very professional penguin

administrator

Default Blogroll: Atheism and associated blogs

In line with this thread here: worthwhile and a couple of worthless atheist and non-theist blogs, the worthless ones included because this is an atheist and secular humanist board after all, and with some friends you really don't need any enemies, and it's better to say so and to know what goes on. Each worthless one are included since they are important in some way, and the worthwhile ones included because they're, well, bloody worthwhile.

Some atheist blogs won't be included here since they actually don't concentrate on atheism at all, but concentrate on evolution and creationism instead, or on skepticism (for example James Randi) or on other subjects. Those subjects will get their own blogrolls here eventually. Please feel very free to propose blogs here for inclusion. Or feel free to argue.

The blogroll is put into this subforum instead of Religion and Atheism since it still has to do with Media & Society, and keeps the blogrolls together. So the blogs (I will edit this OP to add approved blogs as time goes by):

The Intersection The blog by Sheril Kirshenbaum and Chris Mooney; mainly a science blog but one which also does a lot on atheism issues, as well as enviromental issues, kissing (the Sunday Snog) and so on. Great blog.
Dispatches From The Culture Wars The blog from Ed Brayton. Often very informative. Brayton is not an atheist, but often blogs on atheism.
Andrew Brown's blog Like it says. Very good reading; Andrew Brown is an atheist who also is the editor of the Cif Belief section of the Guardian newspaper (Cif = Comment is free, the overall section for op-ed and reader-contribution pieces).
Helmintholog Andrew Brown's other blog, his personal one.
Hitchens Watch Because Christopher Hitchens contradicts himself happily ad nauseum. A nice watch saves time.
Stranger In An Even Stranger Land My blog. Hey, you could do a lot worse.
Notes and Comments, at butterfliesandwheels.com Ophelia Benson's blog. Excessively dreary and often wrong, but often informative.
Greta Christina's Blog Like it says. Sometimes informative, concentrates muchly on GBLT issues.
Blag Hag Blog Jen McCreight's blog, sometimes informative.
Thoughts From Kansas Joshua Rosenau's blog, often very informative, good blog overall.
Secular Thought For The Day Good blog, interesting posts.
The Guardian news on atheism Not an actual blog, but a useful compilation of news
Daylight Atheism Sometimes informative.
Russell Blackford's blog Sometimes informative.
Religion and Life - Rachel Hovenden Religion, atheism,students, politics, etc. Very informative.

More later.

Last edited by Gurdur; 08-Aug-2011 at 01:33 AM (01:33).
Gurdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jan-2010, 09:27 PM (21:27)     2        35867
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Location: The darkest corners of your imagination. Or maybe right next to you. I'm not telling!

http://www.daylightatheism.org/

Topics vary, I generally find them interesting and worthwhile.

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to run like a little bitch!" ~Kanta, Desert Punk
Makbawehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jan-2010, 10:25 PM (22:25)     3        35869
Fizzle

I'd add Russel Blackford's blog.
Fizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Feb-2010, 11:24 AM (11:24)     4        37118
Gurdur

administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makbawehuh View Post
I took a long look at that one. At first glance, it looked good -- but then I came across several posts of low quality. I've added it to the blogroll, though. On the whole, it's quite informative.

_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzle View Post
Fizzle, please check my thinking and criticise me where necessary. I have not added this one, because on my looking through it, Russell Blackford adds nothing new, and his writing has too much of the Me-Too flavour to it all. So I have not added this one.

I could easily be wrong. Please do criticise and if I am wrong, show me where.

Last edited by Gurdur; 20-Feb-2010 at 08:39 AM (08:39). Reason: to change my mind about something
Old 05-Mar-2010, 08:19 PM (20:19)     5        37877
Gurdur

administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzle View Post
Bugger it, I will add this one.