The Heathen Hub

A community where people can talk about atheism, religion, science, humanism, evolution, politics, Creationism, literature, reason, rational enquiry, logic, cooking, reading, travel and life.

Spacer
To select different styles:

Spacer Go Back   The Heathen Hub   >  General   >  Current events and Politics
Reload this Page Girls urged to strip to support Putin
Spacer

Spacer   Spacer

Tags: , ,

Girls urged to strip to support Putin

Old 20-Jul-2011, 04:03 AM (04:03)     1        44176
Wet Walnuts

newspaper Girls urged to strip to support Putin

From Fairfax Media (stuff.co.nz)

Quote:
An online campaign has been launched in Russia urging young women to support Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in a presidential vote by taking off their clothes, a lawmaker's site showed on Sunday.

Called Putin's Army, it features a video of a blonde student called Diana who struts along Moscow's streets in high heels and a black suit before scrawling "I will tear my clothes off for Putin" on a white top in red lipstick and starting to undo her clothes.
Just read the full article. Apparently this is Putin's way of using sex appeal to try to stay in power. On the plus side, there seems to be no shortage of attractive women in Eastern Europe.
Old 20-Jul-2011, 05:07 AM (05:07)     2        44178
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Location: The darkest corners of your imagination. Or maybe right next to you. I'm not telling!

LOOOOOOL

Republicans could take a few pages out of this guy's book, if that's what he's got going in his campaign. You'd see a lot more young republicans.

Wait... No, we don't want that.

Still, it'd be funny shit.

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to run like a little bitch!" ~Kanta, Desert Punk
Makbawehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-Aug-2011, 04:14 PM (16:14)     3        44315
Southern Geologist

My first impression was that this was politics reaching a new low. Then I thought about it and realized that this is actually pretty normal.

As for Republicans using this strategy: Well, we have a conundrum. The only Republicans that would want to employ such a desperate/ridiculous strategy are religious nuts. Thus, they can't have women stripping in streets since that would most certainly contribute to pre-marital sex if they think a fucking HPV vaccine does! Sacrifice morals for the cause? Never. (And by 'never' I mean only in their personal lives.)
Southern Geologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-Aug-2011, 06:03 AM (06:03)     4        44390
ajw

No doubt you've heard 'a politician' is 'like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're fucking them' - from ( shit my dad says

Sex and politics, it makes sense.

Past few years there's been the 'xxxx' girl, ie Obama girl etc..., old hat. They need to step ratchet it up.
ajw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-Aug-2011, 06:16 AM (06:16)     5        44393
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Location: The darkest corners of your imagination. Or maybe right next to you. I'm not telling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw View Post
No doubt you've heard 'a politician' is 'like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're fucking them'
That can be summed up in a single word, AJW?

That word? What is it, you ask?

"Awesome."
Old 25-Aug-2011, 01:06 AM (01:06)     6        44522
Ikari Gendou
Existentialist

Send a message via MSN to Ikari Gendou

I wish that I could find the text for the political ad. My written Russian is much better than my spoken Russian; considering they speak so quickly. The introduction is not so hard to understand: "Привет. Меня зовут диана. Я студентка". I understand a lot of the words halfway into it, but I cannot make out whole, coherent sentences. Still proud of myself.

Whenever Religion violates the dignity of mankind, it must be eradicated.
Ikari Gendou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Aug-2011, 07:08 PM (19:08)     7        44535
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

The fact that you have any written Russian at all makes me want to build a shrine in your honor. I would kill for that, just because it's that fucking cool.
Old 29-Aug-2011, 03:15 AM (03:15)     8        44538
Ikari Gendou
Existentialist

Send a message via MSN to Ikari Gendou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makbawehuh View Post
The fact that you have any written Russian at all makes me want to build a shrine in your honor. I would kill for that, just because it's that fucking cool.
It's not that cool. But you can still go ahead and construct that shrine.
Ikari Gendou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2011, 07:07 AM (07:07)     9        44543
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

LOL.