The Heathen Hub

A community where people can talk about atheism, religion, science, humanism, evolution, politics, Creationism, literature, reason, rational enquiry, logic, cooking, reading, travel and life.

Spacer
To select different styles:

Spacer Go Back   The Heathen Hub   >  General   >  Current events and Politics
Reload this Page I'm sorry I am a white male with a job who uses birth control
Spacer

Spacer   Spacer

I'm sorry I am a white male with a job who uses birth control

Old 24-Apr-2013, 06:28 PM (18:28)     1        45835
mick

Default I'm sorry I am a white male with a job who uses birth control

Now before i begin my angery rant I want to say I am back to school and government grants and loans are paying for it. While i do have something to say on this topic its not what this thread is about and I am grateful for the chance it improve my life and the finical help I got even if i will be paying for it years to come.

Now.

I am so sorry I am a single white male with a job and I'm so sorry my girl friend and I use birth control. I did not realize trying to help myself and do the things I am suppose to do and that I am responsible enough to not start a family that i can not afford or that I am able to hold down a minimum wage job.

Want medicaide? well i could lose my job or knock my girl up. ohh but your a single white male with a job? nope nothing for you.

Want food stamps, ohh you live in house hold that doesn't qualify even though you live on the couch and make most of your own food. (actually i think they lied about this one or i asked wronged)

Demonstraight that i can pay rent and bills but just need help paying a down payment on apartment im sorry you have a job you don't qualify for any assistance.

and obamacare? what obamacare........

And to those of you who ***** about the welfare state and say get a job...consider this im ******* penalized for having a job.

and to those who say work more hours... i already work 40-60 hours a week. and go to school full time and help run a start up non profit organization (as a volunteer atm) leaving just a few hours a week for my gf and I. let a lone more hours. of minimum wage.

ohh and i have been job hunting too and have been on a few interviews and have a few more. but apparently that makes me to responsible too huh?
seriously wtf....

Last edited by mick; 24-Apr-2013 at 06:48 PM (18:48). Reason: medicare=medicaide
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-2013, 06:47 PM (18:47)     2        45838
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

sometimes it seems the deck is stacked against you no matter what you do! BTW, Medicare is for the old - you gotta be 65 for that. Medicaid is something else - and for that your household income must be below poverty level (under 1000 per month for one) and your assets must be less than 2K, and your car has to be worth very little but I forget how much exactly.

Household means all those who live in a unit; so all their incomes count even if yours is very low. It is very difficult to show that you are separate from the others in the unit.

Food Stamps - or now SNAP - again you run into the low income but dunno how low if you are working. Some working folks can get that; the amount is based on your income.

Can you check into local food banks for food items? Many working people use those; some are religious charities while others are not.

Meanwhile, continue to be responsible and honest. Yup, I know that's hard now; but it will serve you well in the future, especially when you're old and grey! I'm there; I know.

My own rant comes about those who do cheat, who do abuse the system which is what makes it hard for the honest folk to get help and for the honest folk to get suspected by the PTB. For instance (a situation I know of) someone who is working, who is running a multimillion dollar business with more than one office, just bought a bus size motor home, in addition to their 6000 square foot house in the mountains, is seeking a government disability (which means income less than poverty level, assets under 2000 bucks, unable to work) and I suspect it's because she doesn't want to pay 1500 a month for her insurance. Husband has Medicare as he is much older but not retired. Their personal income after business covers most everything is umpty times what mine is!

No doubt it's folks like that who "envy" me, being old, disabled, and poor, and therefore eligible for some benefits. Old, yes. Physically disabled but feel quite able tho unable to work. Poor yes by definition but feel quite rich. Over the years, I kept up being personally responsible for me and my actions. Paid my own way, and helped others. So now I appreciate whatever help I can get.

I don't bother asking those who "envy" me if they'd like to be physically disabled and actually poor so then they couldn't have all the things they want! They always want more than enough.

End my rant in connection with yours!

Hang in there. You will make it. No matter what.
Shadowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-2013, 06:53 PM (18:53)     3        45840
mick

I meet all the poverty requirements the problems is im a working white male with no children. literally disqualifies me for everything. lose the job or have a kid I am fine.

their is no time to go to a food bank like i said i work a full time job. that eats normals hours for just about everything,. and i think they lied about the food stamps.

when it comes to welfare it seem their is no option but abuse it or not have it.

they system is sososoosos broke, its sad
Old 24-Apr-2013, 07:08 PM (19:08)     4        45841
mick

end of june I get some money stipens from finical aid. guess i gotta wait to get off this fucking couch. then wait a nother 3-4 months to get the equipment i need.
Old 24-Apr-2013, 07:25 PM (19:25)     5        45842
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

That's weird - your gender and race should not disqualify you if you otherwise meet the requirements!

Remember that household thing - or if you get more personally than under 1K a month that could be doing it. Dunno. It's around 960 max I think.

But it's not abuse or not have. Puhlease! I'm on "welfare" being old and disabled and have been since 94 when I was diagnosed finally for my breathing problem - COPD/RAD. And I definitely do not abuse it. I use the actual rules and regulations but do not go for more than I need. Some benefits I don't take advantage of.

I wonder if your state is interpreting the federal guidelines differently? Like Arizona dumped a whole bunch of folks from Medicaid, many who definitely qualified and were needy, such as disabled and the elderly poor.

See if you can find out your state's exact requirements, financially, household etc. You can call 1800Medicare and say Agent to get your local Medicaid number. Call them to find out their requirements which will be similar to SNAP requirements, not exactly the same but similar.
Shadowfox is offline   Reply With Quote