The Heathen Hub

A community where people can talk about atheism, religion, science, humanism, evolution, politics, Creationism, literature, reason, rational enquiry, logic, cooking, reading, travel and life.

Spacer
To select different styles:

Spacer Go Back   The Heathen Hub   >  General   >  The Hub itself
Reload this Page Blah
Spacer

Spacer   Spacer

The Hub itself - Talking about the Hub itself     

The Hub itself - Talking about the Hub itself

Blah

Old 04-Oct-2010, 07:52 PM (19:52)     1        41321
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Location: The darkest corners of your imagination. Or maybe right next to you. I'm not telling!
Default Blah

How do you delete a blog post? I tried to publish one as a draft, and was flustered, and hit the wrong set of stuff by accident.

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to run like a little bitch!" ~Kanta, Desert Punk
Makbawehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-Oct-2010, 08:48 PM (20:48)     2        41323
Gurdur
Very professional penguin

administrator

Give me the link and I will do it. When I or Never are not there, just edit it all out, then send a PM
Gurdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-Oct-2010, 09:03 PM (21:03)     3        41324
Gurdur

administrator

Never mind, I found it and deleted it.
Old 04-Oct-2010, 09:28 PM (21:28)     4        41325
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Location: The darkest corners of your imagination. Or maybe right next to you. I'm not telling!

Gracias, senor!
Old 13-Nov-2010, 08:03 AM (08:03)     5        41860
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Is there a way to make columns in blog posts?
Old 13-Nov-2010, 08:29 AM (08:29)     6        41861
Gurdur

administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makbawehuh View Post
Is there a way to make columns in blog posts?
Hmmmmmm. The best way might be to play around with a table.

Let me see (and use the quote function to see how I did it):

Oh dooody doody, I just wanna blah Oh doody doody, how I wanna blah This is where I am very serious. Professional. Gray. Colourless. The picture of utter professionalism. Utterly professional. I assure you Get down and boogie! Get down and boogie! Use that table now! Blah doody doody blah, boogie blah blah boogie now!

Now, the problem in tables is when you want to make a line break or a paragraph break inside one cell of the table, because the table BB code interprets breaks as new lines. What you have to do is go around that difficulty. Here is an example table, with two cells ("columns) only; first I will give the code exactly as to put in, then I will show how it appears when posted.

Quote:
[table] Get down and boogie! [RIGHT][COLOR="Silver"].[/COLOR][/RIGHT] Get down and boogie! [RIGHT][COLOR="Silver"].[/COLOR][/RIGHT]See my beautiful paragragh breaks that aren't breaks but act like them! | Boogie, dammit, boogie, boogie, boogie, boooooooooooooogie! I tell you, boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie [/table]
Now let's see what happens when the above code is posted as for in example a blog post:

Quote:
Get down and boogie!
Get down and boogie!
See my beautiful paragragh breaks that aren't breaks but act like them!
Boogie, dammit, boogie, boogie, boogie, boooooooooooooogie! I tell you, boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie boogie
You see how I used [RIGHT][COLOR="Silver"].[/COLOR][/RIGHT] to force a break, and the colour specified is so the full-stop fades out against the nackground?
Old 13-Nov-2010, 08:30 AM (08:30)     7        41862
Gurdur

administrator

And if anything goes badly wrong, ask me to fix the coding and I will.
Old 13-Nov-2010, 09:11 AM (09:11)     8        41865
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Okay. ^__^ I will see about it when I don't have thousands of words to write. Thank you!