The Heathen Hub

A community where people can talk about atheism, religion, science, humanism, evolution, politics, Creationism, literature, reason, rational enquiry, logic, cooking, reading, travel and life.

Spacer
To select different styles:

Spacer Go Back   The Heathen Hub   >  General   >  Everything else possible first
Reload this Page What are you thinking about right now?
Spacer

Spacer   Spacer

Everything else possible first - For all other generalities     

Everything else possible first - For all other generalities

Tags:

What are you thinking about right now?

Old 13-Jul-2012, 02:59 PM (14:59)     1        45294
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Question What are you thinking about right now?

What thoughts are roaming through your mind at the moment? Serious, funny, scientific, or anything else.

Right now I'm thinking it's been really quiet here online. And it's Friday the thirteenth, my lucky day. My BFs as well so we are going to lunch to celebrate the day.
Shadowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Jul-2012, 02:06 AM (02:06)     2        45295
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Location: The darkest corners of your imagination. Or maybe right next to you. I'm not telling!

I am thinking these cheez-its are totally hitting the spot. I have had the box sitting around all week, but I never seem to remember they're there.

Also, now that I've laid down, part f me has become very insistent that it's naptime. When did my body decide this? It's too late for a nap!

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to run like a little bitch!" ~Kanta, Desert Punk
Makbawehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jul-2012, 01:06 PM (13:06)     3        45305
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

How glad I am to have been able now that the heat's broken to get out into the yard and do some yard stuff - gardening and restructuring of landscape. So pleasant in the cool of the morning.
Old 21-Jul-2012, 02:14 AM (02:14)     4        45307
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Location: The darkest corners of your imagination. Or maybe right next to you. I'm not telling!

So sleepy. I didn't do anything strenuous at all today, so why am I so sleepy?
Old 21-Jul-2012, 01:46 PM (13:46)     5        45315
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makbawehuh View Post
So sleepy. I didn't do anything strenuous at all today, so why am I so sleepy?
Sometimes not doing much of anything is what makes me sleepy!

Today is my once a month fun day - going to the greyhound Meet and Greet and a local Petco. I love getting to be with the dogs, to chat with their people, to chat with the folks and the kids who come by. All a part of my volunteering to help get some retired racers adopted into loving homes.
Old 22-Jul-2012, 02:04 AM (02:04)     6        45319
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Wonderful!

And, I worked, I just didn't do anything strenuous. I realized about 9:00 that the reason I was tired was because I literally spent all day cleaning up a mess one of my co workers left with a client. Not strenuous, no, but stressful as hell. I left work feeling like I'd spent all day in the garden, or doing heavy housework.
Old 29-Jul-2012, 03:02 AM (03:02)     7        45337
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

How lovely it is to get out and do some yarding. And pleasant this evening with the clouding over and cooling. Possible rain.
Old 29-Jul-2012, 03:56 AM (03:56)     8        45338
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

So... Full... I have eaten waaaaaaay too much food, but it was all tasty!
Old 29-Jul-2012, 12:36 PM (12:36)     9        45340
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Overeating is something I do most of the time. But lately I think I found the "down" switch for the weight problem.
Old 29-Jul-2012, 05:38 PM (17:38)     10        45342
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

I don't do it all the time, or even most of it... But when I do, well... It's not like I don't walk for miles and miles every day. It all comes back off.
Old 01-Aug-2012, 02:21 PM (14:21)     11        45348
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Going shopping at Southlands, our center that is arranged like a small town, then to lunch with a potential new friend. Always fine to make new friends, especially when one is old and the old ones are dying off. . . .
Old 04-Aug-2012, 10:00 AM (10:00)     12        45355
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

these ginger cookies are almost too ginger-y... But damn, they're good. I am having trouble staying out of the box.
Old 04-Aug-2012, 03:15 PM (15:15)     13        45357
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Gonna enjoy today's cool after yesterday's scorcher.
Old 04-Aug-2012, 07:37 PM (19:37)     14        45358
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

The crazy, dramamongering bitch next door is moving out today. I got -some- sleep, so I can take pleasure in this fact, but being up tilll 5 AM and then getting a nap before people start to make moving-racket doesn't contribute to a good mood.

On the other hand, I am totally getting a thrill out of having fixed my own internet issues!
Old 05-Aug-2012, 12:12 AM (00:12)     15        45360
Seeker630

Began using Evernote and Lastpass in the last few days. And I'm beginning to really like both of them. In fact, I went online yesterday and ordered the "Evernote for Dummies" book from Amazon. Also thinking I've decided not to move back to Michigan. Florida is home for me now, family notwithstanding.
Seeker630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-Aug-2012, 07:09 PM (19:09)     16        45361
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Florida! According to my ex, this is the land of Huge Freaking Bugs That Fly.

Had him on the phone once when he was living there, and I heard him shriek like a little girl. Turned out he'd just seen a palmetto bug.

Unrelated: I'm actually awake on my own at a decent hour! Now, the question is... Is it going to be another scorcher, or do I get to go do laundry? It's already pretty warm.
Old 06-Aug-2012, 12:13 AM (00:13)     17        45363
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

I have some relatives who live in Florida, somewhere along the east coast. They sort of like it but she really misses New York where they'd made a life and lived in one house for 50 years. Hard, maybe, when you're in your 80s and move someplace far from your lifetime home.

My BF loves Florida and visits her sister there, on the west coast. She often thinks about moving there herself.

Me, I've never been there and wouldn't want to as it's hot and humid - bugs and snakes and alligators. . .and hurricanes.
Old 06-Aug-2012, 04:46 AM (04:46)     18        45366
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Unrelated to the current conversation, but I am soooooo excited about the rover landing tonight!
Old 06-Aug-2012, 01:40 PM (13:40)     19        45367
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Everything's related, one way or another.
Old 08-Aug-2012, 06:54 AM (06:54)     20        45377
Shake
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makbawehuh View Post
Florida! According to my ex, this is the land of Huge Freaking Bugs That Fly.

Had him on the phone once when he was living there, and I heard him shriek like a little girl. Turned out he'd just seen a palmetto bug.
Nasty little buggers, those palmetto bugs. Saw them in MS and in SC. Don't like 'em, don't miss 'em. SC can keep its fire ants too, for that matter.
Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-Aug-2012, 07:19 AM (07:19)     21        45378
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Fire ants are awful, 4 srslies.

...Just finished The Litigators, by John Grisham. What can I say, it's a guilty pleasure, but I do occasionally enjoy a courtroom thriller.

And now that I've rested and read some silliness (and it was, overall, a wonderfully silly book!), I can go back to my Very Serious Writing of stories involving a young woman who runs around, waving a sword, and throwing vials of dubiously explosive material manufactured from the instructions in her crazy grandfather's alchemy recipes, all in the name of God.

It totally makes sense in context.
Old 08-Aug-2012, 04:54 PM (16:54)     22        45381
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Thinking how pleased I am to have accomplished some - for me - strenuous yarding this morn. Raking gravel where the mowers bring in their power mowers which are far heavier than mine was and make ridges and ruts. Raking the bark back up the slope along the fence where dog Jackson runs and the bark all winds up against the blocks I put alongside each post. Moved a couple of heavy rocks.

So I got some sunshine, fresh cool morning air, and some good exercise for the lungs. Of course this all entailed work a little and rest a lot!
Old 11-Aug-2012, 09:48 AM (09:48)     23        45404
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Went on a real date for the first time in like, ever. I'm still alive... He was not, in all actuality, an axe murderer.
Old 11-Aug-2012, 02:07 PM (14:07)     24        45405
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

So, was he any good, besides not being an axe wielder? Anything promising there?
Old 11-Aug-2012, 10:44 PM (22:44)     25        45407
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

I don't know, yet. We both have some hobbies in common, and.. I just don't know. It was a first date. He seems nice, but I tend to look at the first date as a bit of a job interview, and I'm a little bit intimidated.

Okay, a lot intimidated, but in a way very refreshed. He's two years younger than me, already owns rentals, and is running a business with his father... Which is not BS, I actually saw the boats they build. It's nice to be around someone with an ambitious bone in their body, at least.
Old 13-Aug-2012, 01:49 PM (13:49)     26        45417
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

That I might take a shorter walk today, the one up to the other park. My knees are complaining a bit!
Old 15-Aug-2012, 05:59 AM (05:59)     27        45418
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Thinking I really did not expect to hear back from him at all, and second dates are somehow far more nerve wracking than first ones. Maybe I should think of first dates less like a job interview, so I get the nerves out of the way?
Old 15-Aug-2012, 02:22 PM (14:22)     28        45420
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Sounds like you did hear back from him. Gone on that second yet?

Thinking how no matter how clearly one expresses onself, some people hear only what they want to hear and not what is actually being said. Is it from not listening, not paying attention, or what?
Old 16-Aug-2012, 01:47 AM (01:47)     29        45422
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Oh yeah, we had the second date the night before I posted that. I -freaked- out.

I guess this means I need to shave my legs.
Old 16-Aug-2012, 02:22 AM (02:22)     30        45424
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

I'm not gonna ask why!!!!