The Heathen Hub

A community where people can talk about atheism, religion, science, humanism, evolution, politics, Creationism, literature, reason, rational enquiry, logic, cooking, reading, travel and life.

Spacer
To select different styles:

Spacer Go Back   The Heathen Hub   >  General   >  Everything else possible first
Reload this Page What are you thinking about right now?
Spacer

Spacer   Spacer

Everything else possible first - For all other generalities     

Everything else possible first - For all other generalities

Tags:

What are you thinking about right now?

Old 16-Aug-2012, 06:09 AM (06:09)     31        45425
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Location: The darkest corners of your imagination. Or maybe right next to you. I'm not telling!

It's hot and I want to break out my shorts and skirts? Like, summer finally got here, just in the last week. It got up to a hundred today, and it's about damned time!

Well, and I -might- care if I go out again and someone sees them. Might, I say!

Seriously, though, does anyone have any garden shears I can borrow for the hedge on my legs?

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to run like a little bitch!" ~Kanta, Desert Punk

Last edited by Makbawehuh; 16-Aug-2012 at 06:28 AM (06:28).
Makbawehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Aug-2012, 06:29 AM (06:29)     32        45426
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Location: The darkest corners of your imagination. Or maybe right next to you. I'm not telling!

Was thinking I ought to clean house tonight. Right now, though? Nah-uh. I want to kick back with a bottle of raw, organic moldy tea, and veg like a mofo.
Old 17-Aug-2012, 12:41 PM (12:41)     33        45428
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

I'd better go get ready for my courtesy pickup to get me and dog J to the vet for his nail clip. Just like my previous dog, he's too squirrely for me to do it. Besides, this gets him a ride which he loves but seldom gets since I no longer drive. Looks to be a fairly cool day here.
Shadowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Aug-2012, 11:49 PM (23:49)     34        45431
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

sleeeeepy! I dun wanna clean house moar.

Also... Naked sunbathing neighbors? Really? looooool.
Old 18-Aug-2012, 02:17 AM (02:17)     35        45434
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Ah, tomorrow is the 3rd Saturday which means my fun day at the greyhound Meet and Greet. Those lovely retired racers to talk with, people to talk with.
Old 20-Aug-2012, 01:54 AM (01:54)     36        45436
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Slept till three in the afternoon, afer being up till 2 in the morning, just walking around. I didn't think I was that sleepy, but 'parrenly, I was.
Old 23-Aug-2012, 08:07 AM (08:07)     37        45440
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

This is the best recipe EVAR! I think every home with more than one person in it should keep this posted on the fridge:

http://www.food.com/recipe/ice-cubes-420398/
Old 23-Aug-2012, 01:49 PM (13:49)     38        45441
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

What a really long day it was yesterday! Up very early to go outside and move the hose around every 10 minutes or so to water the bluegrass lawn. Then picked up by Access-a-Ride (door to door bus service for disableds) and via a roundabout other pickup and drop off to my appointment at the dental hygiene school. 1 to 5, a 4 hour appointment since it's a school and they take lots of time with instructors checking every step.

Return pickup luckily right at 5 so I didn't have to wait. But another roundabout pickup and dropoff. I got a trip down memory lane as we went all the way into Denver near downtown where I'd lived here and there and schooled for many years. I actually got home at 7.

Where I discovered this monster motor home awaiting in front of my house. Excitement. It was my very dear friend Mari and her husband coming in to take me to dinner before they parked overnight and then got on a morning plane for New York and a seminar they are giving. Before I could even get into the house my other dear friend Diana pulled up. They'd been calling all afternoon and were very worried that I was hurt inside.

Diana had come over earlier and checked so they did know I wasn't inside and down. But they didn't know where I was!

Figures, doesn't it! The one day I go out for a long appointment, I am wanted!

Anyway, we went to dinner at Olive Garden, had a great fun time yakking. Lifesavers - I was so exhausted I'd been wondering how I was going to fix dinner for me, tho I knew I'd be able to get dindin for dog Jackson.

What a day! Really bushed still this morning but feeling quite happy.
Old 24-Aug-2012, 01:25 AM (01:25)     39        45442
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

If I were playing the Sims, I would say that it sounds like you filled your Fun and Social meters. :P
Old 24-Aug-2012, 02:07 AM (02:07)     40        45444
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

There are days when I really feel bad for anyone who's supposed to be in a position of authority over me, cause it can be a really -shitty- place to be once I've got a bone in my teeth and I've decided I'm right, and oh by the way, laws can be construed in such a way as to back me up. Do they want those long notes I leave on writeups, for future legal purposes, when I've decided I'm right? No, I don't think they do.

Probably, they should warn idiots not to leave Jesus pamphlets laying about in the break room. Possibly, they should warn them to book it ASAP if they do feel the need to. And most definitely, they should warn them not to try to have a war of wits with me when I'm pissed and decide that my secular workplace needs cleaning...

Because yes, I will let said idiots know in front of all kinds of witnesses, as I shred the aforementioned fliers, that hey, I leave my God at the door, and they need to as well. And that hey, just believing something doesn't make it right, professional, or workplace appropriate, and I certainly won't balk at reminding them that, once they put an idea out into the public sphere, they get to have the damnably bad luck of finding out exactly what people think of it, because it merits no more respect than anything else, at that point.

Yes, jaws had to be scraped up off the floor when I walked out. And my poor supervisor, who tried to point out that some people do find evangelism to be a fundamental part of their religion, got to be told that the fliers were in the public domain, and were an obnoxious intrusion into my secular workday.

...I just hope, for everyone's sake, that they don't feel the need for a "kiss and make up" meeting, cause if it devolves into theology at all, at any point, there's going to be a lot of hurt feelings.
Old 24-Aug-2012, 02:52 AM (02:52)     41        45445
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Good for you!

Bad enough when someone brings their propaganda, religious or otherwise, into the work place. But really bad when they bring it to my door.

But by now, I just say bye-bye and shut the door. Getting too old and tired to deal out so I just chill

But Beware not the dog but the owner if they get pushy!

Anyway, I just heard from BF Diana about going to the farmers market this Saturday. I'll be looking for the organic western slope peaches from the Red Fox Orchard. And for a Rocky Ford cantalope. Then who knows we might do lunch at Tokyo Joe's. So I'll be just as happy as if I had good sense.
Old 24-Aug-2012, 04:56 AM (04:56)     42        45446
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Yay, fun and tasty socialtimes!

And, I'm not overly worried. They did not like the fact that I didn't go through the "proper" channels, since I was kind of in a blind rage and not thinking well, but it's not like they haven't known- for at least a couple years- that I'm one of the ones who've quietly played "clean up" whenever someone was stupid enough to bring that shit to work. Some of upper management also plays "clean up" when it happens, too... It's sort of, whoever gets there first. This is just the first time one of the clean up crew has actually been caught in the act.
Old 24-Aug-2012, 12:52 PM (12:52)     43        45447
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Proper channels? Hah. Since when does that always work!
Old 24-Aug-2012, 10:03 PM (22:03)     44        45448
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

The "proper channels" are usually pretty good about that sort of thing... BUT! Once I realized I had the person who had done it right there, my priorities changed. I've had people go through the trash and pull out fliers they'd left that I threw away before, so my priority was making sure that she understood that what she'd done was totally, socially unacceptable, rather than just cleaning up the mess. HR going and picking up the offending fliers and tossing them out of sight, does no one any good on that front. Sometimes, in order to get rudeness to stop, you have to be a complete jackass. Me? I've got zero fear of being the bad guy on that front.
Old 25-Aug-2012, 03:12 AM (03:12)     45        45449
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Just found out one of my exes knocked up the (married) woman he's been seeing. She can't carry to term, and she found out in the middle of tests to find out that yes, she has cervical cancer.

Part of me is relieved that I still don't have to wrap my mind around the scary idea of him as a father, but mostly, I feel bad for her. What a shitty way to find out that you're pregnant.
Old 25-Aug-2012, 01:55 PM (13:55)     46        45450
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

How awful for anyone! I hope some surgery will get it all out.

Me? Thinking of getting to go to the farmers market today.
Old 26-Aug-2012, 01:06 AM (01:06)     47        45451
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

I hope surgery or chemo will take care of it, too.

Farmer's Market sounds like a blast. I just got back from laundry... thought about going and buying socks, and bleeeeeeeh. I just don't feel like leaving the house again. I should clean, then nap, and I dun wanna get uuuuuuuup!
Old 30-Aug-2012, 02:47 PM (14:47)     48        45454
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Thursday, another quiet day for me, except for the mowers coming. Been cooler this month, generally around the "normal" temps of 80s. Thinking how glad I am to be retired and not having to rush off to some job or oher.
Old 01-Sep-2012, 10:15 PM (22:15)     49        45456
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Feeling quite relieved after yesterday's visit to the vet - dog J's gimp is not bone cancer which had worried me, nor anything else deeply serious. The x-rays showed some possible arthritis. This latest siege of limping had been worse than all the others even tho it was slowly getting better. It could possibly also include this time a sprain from his running and maybe stepping into a hole or stumbling over the gravel or bark. So he's on a painkiller and "rest" for a week or so. Hah. Keep a coonhound from running! That means he goes out even into his yard only on leash. That means I get to walk him around.

Interesting how my "wild" boy got so many compliments from the vet and techs on how well he was cooperating with all the positioning for the x-rays!
Old 04-Sep-2012, 01:08 AM (01:08)     50        45457
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

I feel like I've been plunged into the fucking twilight zone. I have a roleplay site that I've been on, off and on, for ten years. I'm a fairly low level player, due to my singular lack of ambition, and an unrepentant rulebreaker and troll. For some reason, very likely because I'm the last person left on the site with even a smidgen of actual ability, someone nominated me for an admin position. They didn't ask my consent, my opinion, nothing. They didn't even inform me that I was nominated. I found out by accident. Considering that I have been in the mental process of dissociating myself from that place for the last several months, my deep down reaction to all this is a big, fat, "fuck you guys" to everyone there. The only thing keeping me from just flat out rejecting it, is because I know that, out of all the people there who're available for the position, I am the best bet, and as much as I don't want to be there, I hate the idea of leaving an admin position in the hands of an incompetent more.
Old 04-Sep-2012, 10:46 PM (22:46)     51        45458
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Interesting! You're practically gone and then they want ya but don't bother to tell ya. Huh. What game is it? I've never played online RPGs, just in home or live AD&D. Acutally I've not played any games on online. . . .

Hope you had a fun weekend. Mine was quiet and peaceful, just like I like it.

Thinking that there's not many of us posting here, just you and me lately.
Old 04-Sep-2012, 10:50 PM (22:50)     52        45459
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Other than the twilight zone incident, my weekend was nice. I did some canning with a friend.

And, yeah, I think I ruffled a bunch of feathers by reacting very *badly* to the idea of someone thinking I should be okay with them just sort of trying to impose on my time without bothering to consult with me at all. Seriously, though, last time I checked, there were uhm, social conventions for this sort of shit.

The site is Hiddenworld. Not much there, most of the activity (when there is any) is text based. It's not a large community, and the position wouldn't be a lot of work, but that's kind of beside the point.
Old 05-Sep-2012, 01:17 PM (13:17)     53        45460
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

If nominated, will you serve? Of course, the point is that courtesy demands that you be asked first. Well, maybe a nomination is one thing but actually being modded up is another and that would be way over top.

Another lovely September day in Colorado. Except for my having to go to the dental hygiene school for the cleaning. 4 hours, but so thorough since it's a school. And really cheap! And they do fantastically good work.
Old 07-Sep-2012, 06:42 AM (06:42)     54        45461
Makbawehuh
Doctor Ragnarok

Doesn't matter. There was some really petty bullcrap the last couple days, and the bottom line is that I suicided my character and left the game. When I am left staring at me screen and going "Why the fuck am I even doing this any more?", it is time to quit.
Old 07-Sep-2012, 01:27 PM (13:27)     55        45462
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Yeh, when it stops being fun, then it's over. Works for me!
Old 18-Sep-2012, 01:47 AM (01:47)     56        45470
mick

blogs, podcasts and abortion and contraception
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Sep-2012, 01:19 PM (13:19)     57        45484
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

What a delightful and pleasant time of year. The next few days are forecast to be "average" 70s highs and 50s lows (F) here on the Front Range of Colorado, out on the eastern plains. The hint of fall, the break from the summer heat, no snow yet, no deep cold for a while - the leaf colors slowly changing.
Old 18-Sep-2012, 01:22 PM (13:22)     58        45485
Seeker630

Taking care of all the house plants I have recently acquired, and helping my friend pick out his first printer.
Seeker630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Sep-2012, 05:31 PM (17:31)     59        45486
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Helping your friend reminds me of my friend so long ago helping me choose and get my first computer = we used his student discount at the local uni. Then he helped me set it up.
Old 20-Sep-2012, 12:56 PM (12:56)     60        45498
Shadowfox
The Hub's RL Senior

Up betimes, really really betimes. Still dark but a good day coming - just some loafing, reading, and a couple of household chores up for today. Ah, retirement!